Monday, May 5, 2014

Earth Girl's Love Display Log

I've been working on making a display for My sister-in-law and her friend's new company "Earth Girls Love". My sister-in-law wanted it to be a hollowed-out birch log.

Here is a page from my Field Notes with my sketch of how I thought it could be done.



I bored out most of the stuff with a 1 1/2" forstner bit. I had to use My handheld drill to do the boring because I don't have a drill press (which would have made this part a little easier) .




After the boring was done I used my chisels to clean up the sides and to square the ends. which you can see in this photo.


In this photo you can see it finish and on display with the Lip balm in it. In case you're wondering, the flavors featured below are peppermint and Sweet Orange Vanilla. You can find this natural lip balm in many locations around Anchorage. You can also check out my handi-work in person, while you're perusing the lip balm!



No comments:

Post a Comment