So here is the design its a mission style with Adirondack chair arms. I used Spanish Cedar wood, nice smell, the dust is hard on throat.
I started with doing the legs, I did through mortise (as you can see in the photo) and tenons.
Here are the legs fitting up the tenons.
So the body is almost done, I cut the bottom of the back arch out with the band saw I need to trim the front leg post and put the through tenon.
The finished front post through tenon for the armrest.
The weekend that I made the template for the armrest, my wife and I were baby siting our friends 3 year old he helped me lay out the template. As you can see his design was more abstract than mine.
Here is the fit up. I just need to cut the top of the back arc.
The Sides after final glue up.
The back with the arc cutout and the heart.
Gluing up the body, I used a strap to glue up the body, it's what I had at the time.
Gluing up of the armrest and support. You can see some of the through mortise and tenons.
I had another system to attach the seat, I thought this would be a easier system. I screwed block in the side support and used an over sized hole and washer to attach the seat.
The only picture I have of the final bench all together is a early morning picture before I left its final destination to come home.